2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Indi (Vic)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 24 December 2010.
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Indi (2010) [PDF 868KB]
Map of the Division of Indi (2010) [PDF 50.3MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after an Aboriginal name for the Murray River.
- Area and Location Description:
- The Division of Indi is located in north-eastern Victoria. It covers an area of approximately 28 567 sq km along the New South Wales border from Rutherglen to Corryong in the north, Kinglake and Woods Point in the south and the snowfields of Falls Creek, Mount Hotham, Mount Buffalo and Mount Buller in the east. The main towns include Alexandra, Beechworth, Benalla, Bright, Corryong, Eildon, Kinglake, Mansfield, Marysville, Mount Beauty, Myrtleford, Rutherglen, Tallangatta, Wangaratta, Wodonga and Yea.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Tourism, forestry, wood chipping, viticulture, agriculture, timber processing and manufacturing.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Mirabella, S (LP) 2007–
Panopoulos, S (LP) 2001–2007
Lieberman, L (LP) 1993–2001
Cameron, E C (LP) 1977–1993
Holton, R M (ACP/NCP) 1958–1977
Bostock, W D (LP) 1949–1958
McEwen, J (ACP) 1937–1949
Hutchinson, W J (UAP) 1931–1937
Jones, P (ALP) 1928–1931
Cook, R (ACP) 1919–1928
Leckie, J W (NP) 1917–1919
Moloney, P J (ALP) 1914–1917
Ahern, C J (LIB) 1913–1914
Moloney, P J (ALP) 1910–1913
Brown, J T (ASP) 1906–1910
Isaacs, I A (PROT) 1901–1906
- Current Member Details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Indi
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Indi
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Indi
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.