2010 federal election: Profile of the Electoral Division of Indi (Vic)
Updated: 9 February 2011
Named after an Aboriginal name for the Murray River.
Area and Location Description:
Indi covers an area of approximately 28 008 sq km along the New South Wales border from Rutherglen to Corryong in the north, Avenel and Woods Point in the south and the snowfields of Falls Creek, Mount Hotham, Mount Buffalo and Mount Buller in the east. The main towns include Beechworth, Benalla, Bright, Corryong, Euroa, Mansfield, Mount Beauty, Myrtleford, Rutherglen, Tallangatta, Violet Town (part), Wangaratta and Wodonga.
Map of Division:
Products/Industries of the Area:
Tourism, forestry, wood chipping, viticulture, agriculture, timber processing and manufacturing.
- Mirabella, S (LP) 2007–
- Panopoulos, S (LP) 2001–2007
- Lieberman, L (LP) 1993–2001
- Cameron, E C (LP) 1977–1993
- Holton, R M (ACP/NCP) 1958–1977
- Bostock, W D (LP) 1949–1958
- McEwen, J (ACP) 1937–1949
- Hutchinson, W J (UAP) 1931–1937
- Jones, P (ALP) 1928–1931
- Cook, R (ACP) 1919–1928
- Leckie, J W (NP) 1917–1919
- Moloney, P J (ALP) 1914–1917
- Ahern, C J (LIB) 1913–1914
- Moloney, P J (ALP) 1910–1913
- Brown, J T (ASP) 1906–1910
- Isaacs, I A (PROT) 1901–1906
Current Member Details:
Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
AEC Divisional Office Address:
Divisional Office Contact Details
For supporting information, see Party Codes, Demographic Ratings and Seat Status.