Maps and spatial data
Updated: 30 July 2019
2019 federal election results maps
Current electoral division maps
Profile and detailed maps of each current electoral division and state/territory maps:
Electoral divisions by ABS statistical geography (SA1s)
The ABS website contains:
Electoral divisions by 2016 ABS statistical geography (SA1s)
- The electoral divisions provided are those in use at the 2019 federal election.
- The Statistical Area Level 1s (SA1s) in use are those which were used for the 2016 Census.
- A small number of SA1s are allocated to more than one electoral division. These SA1s are indicated by the inclusion of '(split)'.
- A complete list of all SA1s in the state/territory or division may not be displayed as not all SA1s where there is zero enrolment are included.
Demographic classification of electoral divisions
Demographic classification of electoral divisions is based on the following criteria:
- Inner Metropolitan – situated in capital cities and consisting of well-established built-up suburbs.
- Outer Metropolitan – situated in capital cities and containing large areas of recent suburban expansion.
- Provincial – outside capital cities, but with a majority of enrolment in major provincial cities.
- Rural – outside capital cities and without majority of enrolment in major provincial cities.
Classifications are allocated following a redistribution of electoral divisions in a state or territory.