2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Mackellar (NSW)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- New South Wales
- Current, boundary gazetted 22 December 2009
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Mackellar (2009) [PDF 204KB]
Map of the Division of Mackellar (2009) [PDF 7.0MB]
Download GIS data
- Name derivation:
- Named after Dorothea Mackellar (1885–1968), a famous Australian poet and novelist.
- Area and Location Description:
- Mackellar covers an area of approximately 233 sq km from the northern part of Palm Beach, south to Dee Why and west to Duffys Forest. The main suburbs include Avalon, Bayview, Belrose, Bilgola, Church Point, Collaroy, Cromer, Davidson, Elanora, Mona Vale, Narrabeen, Newport, Palm Beach, Scotland Island, Terrey Hills, Warriewood and parts of Beacon Hill, Dee Why, Narraweena and Frenchs Forest and Forestville.
- Products/industries of the area:
- Light manufacturing, service industries, commercial wholesale and retail trades and tourism.
- First proclaimed/election:
- Demographic rating:
- Outer Metropolitan
- Bishop, B (LP) 1994–
Carlton, J J (LP) 1977–1994
Wentworth, W C (LP/IND) 1949–1977
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Mackellar
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Mackellar
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Mackellar
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.