- Western Australia
- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 02 August 2021
- First election this name was used at:
- 1984 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- First federal election following the 2019 federal election
- Maps and data
A4 map of the electoral division of Cowan (2021) [PDF 829KB]
Map of the Division of Cowan (2021) [PDF 1.40MB]
Download Western Australia GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named in honour of Edith Dircksey Cowan OBE, 1861–1932. Cowan was the first woman elected to any Parliament in Australia, state or Commonwealth, when she was elected in 1921 as the Member for West Perth in the Western Australian Legislative Assembly.
- 95 sq km
- Location description
The Division of Cowan consists of:
- part of the Bayswater City Council,
- part of the Joondalup City Council,
- part of the Stirling City Council,
- part of the Wanneroo City Council, and
- part of the Swan City Council.
- Demographic Rating:
- Inner Metropolitan – situated in capital cities and consisting of well-established built-up suburbs.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information:
- For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.