- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 26 July 2021
- First election this name was used at:
- 2019 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- First federal election following the 2019 federal election
- Maps and data
A4 map of the electoral division of Monash (2021)
Map of the Division of Monash (2021) [PDF 3.27MB]
Download Victoria GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named in honour of Sir John Monash CB(M) KCB(M) GCMG, 1865–1931. Monash was one of the foremost Allied military commanders of the First World War and was recognised for his outstanding contributions to the community.
- 8,255 sq km
- Location description
The Division of Monash consists of:
- Bass Coast Shire Council,
- South Gippsland Shire Council,
- part of the Baw Baw Shire Council,
- part of the Cardinia Shire Council,
- part of the Latrobe City Council,
- part of the Yarra Ranges Shire Council, and
- the unincorporated area of Mount Baw Baw Alpine Resort.
- Demographic Rating:
- Rural – outside capital cities and without majority of enrolment in major provincial cities.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information:
- For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.