- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 26 July 2021
- First election this name was used at:
- 2019 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- First federal election following the 2019 federal election
- Maps and data
A4 map of the electoral division of Macnamara (2021)
Map of the Division of Macnamara (2021) [PDF 2.03MB]
Download Victoria GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named in honour of Dame Annie Jean Macnamara DBE, 1899–1968. Macnamara was a medical researcher and doctor who discovered there was more than one type of the polio virus and worked extensively with children suffering from poliomyelitis, training doctors and physiotherapists in the management of the disease.
- 40 sq km
- Location description
The Division of Macnamara consists of:
- part of the Glen Eira City Council
- part of the Melbourne City Council, and
- Port Phillip City Council.
- Demographic Rating:
- Inner Metropolitan – situated in capital cities and consisting of well-established built-up suburbs.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information:
- For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.