- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 26 July 2021
- First election this name was used at:
- 1949 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- First federal election following the 2019 federal election
- Maps and data
A4 map of the electoral division of La Trobe (2021)
Map of the Division of La Trobe (2021) [PDF 3.11MB]
Download Victoria GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named in honour of Charles Joseph La Trobe, 1801–75. La Trobe was the first Lieutenant-Governor of the Colony of Victoria (1851–54).
- 1,327 sq km
- Location description
The Division of La Trobe consists of:
- part of the Cardinia Shire Council,
- part of the Casey City Council, and
- part of the Yarra Ranges Shire Council.
- Demographic Rating:
- Provincial – outside capital cities, but with a majority of enrolment in major provincial cities.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information:
- For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.