Profile of the electoral division of Isaacs (Vic)
Updated: 19 November 2019
- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 13 July 2018
- First election this name was used at:
- 1949 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- 2019 federal election
- Maps and data
- A4 map of the electoral division of Isaacs (2018) [PDF 724KB]
Map of the Division of Isaacs (2018) [PDF 3.42MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named in honour of Sir Isaac Alfred Isaacs GCB GCMG KCMG PC QC, 1855–1948. Isaacs was an active member of the Constitutional Conventions that led to the Commonwealth of Australia, Member of the House of Representatives (1901–06), a Justice of the High Court (1906–30), Chief Justice of the High Court (1930–31) and the first Australian Governor-General of Australia (1931–36).
- 155 sq km
- Location description
The Division of Isaacs consists of:
- part of the Greater Dandenong City Council, and
- part of the Kingston City Council.
- Demographic Rating:
- Outer Metropolitan – situated in capital cities and containing large areas of recent suburban expansion.
- Current member details:
Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Previous members:
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information:
- For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.