Profile of the electoral division of Richmond (NSW)
Updated: 19 November 2019
- New South Wales
- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 25 February 2016
- First election this name was used at:
- 1901 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- 2016 federal election
- Maps of Division
- Name derivation:
- Named after the area covered by the electoral division.
- 2 148 sq km
- Location Description:
- Richmond covers an area from the New South Wales/Queensland border in the north to Ballina and Pimlico in the south. The main towns include Ballina, Bangalow, Brunswick Heads, Burringbar, Byron Bay, Hastings Point, Kingscliff, Lennox Head, Mullumbimby, Murwillumbah, Suffolk Park, and Tweed Heads.
This description reflects local government areas in existence in 2015.
- Demographic rating:
- Rural – outside capital cities and without majority of enrolment in major provincial cities.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Previous members:
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC contact:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information: