Profile of the electoral division of North Sydney (NSW)
Updated: 19 November 2019
- New South Wales
- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 25 February 2016
- First election this name was used at:
- 1901 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- 2016 federal election
- Maps of Division
- Name derivation:
- Named after the area covered by the electoral division.
- 53 sq km
- Location Description:
- North Sydney covers an area from Sydney Harbour in the south to Fullers Road, Victoria Avenue, Warrane Road, Warrane Reserve, Eastern Valley Way and Scotts Creek in the north and from Middle Harbour, Wyong Road, Macpherson Street, Military Road, Falcon Street, Bent Street, Forsyth Park, Montpelier Street, Eaton Street, Rawson Street, Kurraba Road, Andersons Park and Neutral Bay in the east to Punt Road, Pittwater Road and Lane Cove River in the west. Suburbs include Artarmon, Castlecrag, Cremorne, Crows Nest, Greenwich, Henley, Hunters Hill, Kirribilli, Lane Cove, McMahons Point, Middle Cove, Naremburn, Northbridge, North Sydney, Riverview, Waverton, Willoughby and Woolwich.
This description reflects local government areas in existence in 2015.
- Demographic rating:
- Inner Metropolitan – situated in capital cities and consisting of well-established built-up suburbs.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Previous members:
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC contact:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information: