Profile of the electoral division of Grayndler (NSW)
Updated: 19 November 2019
- New South Wales
- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 25 February 2016
- First election this name was used at:
- 1949 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- 2016 federal election
- Maps of Division
- Name derivation:
- Named in honour of Edward Grayndler OBE, 1867–1943. Grayndler was a foundation member of the Amalgamated Shearers' Union of Australasia in 1886 and in 1895 was appointed shearer's union organiser for the Australian Workers' Union. He was an industrial advocate and was a member of the Bruce-Page government's Industrial Delegation to the United States of America in 1927.
- 32 sq km
- Location Description:
- Grayndler covers an area in the inner-southern Sydney metropolitan area. Bound by the Parramatta River in the north and the Sydenham Bankstown Railway line and the Goods Railway line in the south. To the east follows the Leichhardt Municipal Council boundary to Parramatta Road, along Kingston Road, Main Suburban Railway line and part of the Marrickville Council boundary. In the west follows Canterbury Road, Prospect Road, Liverpool Road, Frederick Street, Parramatta Road, Iron Cove Creek then along the western bank of Iron Cove. The main suburbs include Annandale, Balmain, Birchgrove, Canterbury (part), Dulwich Hill (part), Enmore, Haberfield, Hurlstone Park (part), Marrickville (part), Rozelle, Stanmore, St. Peters, Summer Hill, Sydenham.
This description reflects local government areas in existence in 2015.
- Demographic rating:
- Inner Metropolitan – situated in capital cities and consisting of well-established built-up suburbs.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Previous members:
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC contact:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information: