Overseas voting

Each election there is an enrolment deadline that occurs approximately a week after an election is announced. If you are not correctly enrolled by this deadline, you may not be able to vote.

To be eligible to enrol to vote from overseas, you must be:

  • an Australian citizen aged 18 years or older, and
  • intending to return to Australia within six years.

Enrolment address

You cannot enrol with an overseas address. You must enrol in the electoral division you were entitled to enrol in before you left Australia.


Updated: 13 December 2021
Back to top