Antarctic Electors

Updated: 28 April 2016

The PDFs on this page are fillable. Download and complete them on your device using Acrobat reader, or print them out and complete by hand. Returning your form to the AEC.

I'm in Antarctica, can I vote?

You can vote while working in Antarctica if you are enrolled, however it is not compulsory.

For this purpose, 'Antarctica' includes the Australian Antarctic Territory, the Territory of Heard Island and McDonald Islands, Macquarie Island and in some cases, ships in transit.

How do I register as an Antarctic elector?

Complete the Registration as an Antarctic elector [PDF 81KB] form and return it to the AEC.

To complete this form, you will need to provide:

  • the dates you expect to reside in Antarctica, and
  • the residential address where you are currently enrolled.

If you are not enrolled, you should also fill in an enrolment form and send it with your application.

By registering as an Antarctic elector you will be able to vote in any federal elections and referendums (and some state elections) held while you are in Antarctica. Registration ceases when you leave Antarctica.

Returning your completed form

Back to top