Named after Sir Charles Cowper (1807–75), Premier of New South Wales 25 August–2 October 1856.
7 296 sq km
Cowper covers an area from Port Macquarie in the south to Coffs Harbour in the north. The main towns include Bellingen, Bowraville, Coffs Harbour, Crescent Head, Dorrigo, Gladstone, Hat Head, Kempsey, Macksville, Nambucca Heads, Sawtell, South West Rocks, Port Macquarie, Ulong and Urunga.
Products/industries of the area:
Fishing, forestry, agriculture, bananas, dairy cattle and tourism.
Provincial – outside capital cities, but with a majority of enrolment in major provincial cities.
The AEC acknowledges the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia and recognises their continuing connection to land, waters, culture and community. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging.