2013 federal election: Profile for the electoral division of Tangney (WA)
Updated: 10 December 2014
- Western Australia
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Map of Division:
- A4 map of the Division of Tangney (2008) [PDF 120KB]
Map of the Division of Tangney (2008) [PDF 5.4MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after Dame Dorothy Tangney 1911–85, first woman member of the Australian Senate 1943–68.
- Area and Location Description:
- Tangney covers an area of approximately 96 sq km from the Swan and Canning Rivers to the north and east. The main suburbs include Applecross, Alfred Cove, Ardross, Attadale, Bateman, Booragoon, Bull Creek, Canning Vale, Kardinya (part), Leeming, Melville, Mount Pleasant, Murdoch, Myaree, Parkwood, Riverton, Rossmoyne, Shelley, Willetton and Winthrop. Most are fully built up areas with the exception of Canning Vale which is showing strong housing growth with many new developments.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Some light industry and commercial businesses in Canning Vale, Willetton and Myaree with standard suburban housing throughout the remainder. Murdoch University and St John of God Hospital, Murdoch are located in the south-west of the division.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Inner Metropolitan
- Jensen, D (LP) 2004–
Williams, D (LP) 1993–2004
Shack, P D (LP) 1984–1993
Gear, G (ALP) 1983–1984
Shack, P D (LP) 1977–1983
Richardson, P (LP/IND) 1975–1977
Dawkins, J S (ALP) 1974–1975
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Tangney
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Tangney
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Tangney
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.