2013 federal election: Profile for the electoral division of Hasluck (WA)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- Western Australia
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Map of Division:
- A4 map of the Division of Hasluck (2008) [PDF 120KB]
Map of the Division of Hasluck (2008) [PDF 4.9MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after Sir Paul Hasluck 1905–93, Diplomat, Cabinet Minister and the first Western Australian born Governor-General of Australia and his wife Dame Alexandra Hasluck 1908–93, a noted author.
- Area and Location Description:
- Hasluck covers an area of approximately 245 sq km from West Swan in the north to Southern River in the south. It is bordered by the foothills of the Darling Range to the east and the Midland to Kwinana freight rail line to the west. The division includes the majority of the City of Gosnells, the western portion of the Shire of Kalamunda and parts of the Shire of Mundaring and the City of Swan. It includes the suburbs of Gosnells, Guildford, Kalamunda (part), Maddington, Midland and Thornlie.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Mainly retail, transport and service industries with some light industry, market gardens and vineyards.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Outer Metropolitan
- Wyatt, K (LP) 2010–
Jackson, S (ALP) 2007–2010
Henry, S (LP) 2004–2007
Jackson, S (ALP) 2001–2004
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Hasluck
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Hasluck
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Hasluck
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.