2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Scullin (Vic)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 24 December 2010.
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Scullin (2010) [PDF 1.5MB]
Map of the Division of Scullin (2010) [PDF 20.0MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after James Scullin 1876–1953, Prime Minister of Australia 1929–32.
- Area and Location Description:
- The Division of Scullin is located north-east of Melbourne. It covers an area of approximately 169 sq km from Epping in the west to Wattle Glen and Hurstbridge in the east. The main suburbs include Diamond Creek, Epping, Lalor, Mill Park, Plenty, Watsonia North, Wattle Glen, Yarrambat and parts of Bundoora, Greensborough, Hurstbridge, South Morang, Thomastown and Wollert.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Manufacturing, light industrial, food processing, packaging and distribution, health and education.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Outer Metropolitan
- Jenkins, H (ALP) 1986–
Jenkins, H A (ALP) 1969–1986
Peters, E W (ALP) 1955–1969
- Current Member Details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Scullin
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Scullin
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Scullin
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.