2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Murray (Vic)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 24 December 2010.
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Murray (2010) [PDF 839KB]
Map of the Division of Murray (2010) [PDF 51.5MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after the Murray River which was named by Charles Sturt in 1830 after Sir George Murray, Colonial Secretary.
- Area and Location Description:
- The Division of Murray is located in northern Victoria. It covers an area of approximately 19 500 sq km with boundaries extending from Boort in the north-west corner of the Loddon Shire bordering the Division of Mallee, south to Wedderburn and Inglewood bordering the divisions of Wannon and Bendigo and extending east taking in the local government areas of Campaspe, City of Greater Shepparton and Strathbogie, bordering the divisions of Indi and McEwen. It extends north-east to Yarrawonga joining the State border. The main towns include Avenel, Boort, Bridgewater on Loddon, Cobram, Echuca, Euroa, Kyabram, Mooroopna, Murchison, Nagambie, Nathalia, Numurkah, Rochester, Rushworth, Shepparton, Tatura, Violet Town, Wedderburn and Yarrawonga.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Sheep, wheat, dairy, viticulture and fruit processing industries.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Stone, S (LP) 1996–
Lloyd, B (CP/NCP/NP) 1971–1996
McEwen, J (CP) 1949–1971
- Current Member Details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Murray
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Murray
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Murray
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.