2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Boothby (SA)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- South Australia
- Current, boundary gazetted 16 December 2011.
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Boothby (2011) [PDF 274KB]
Map of the Division of Boothby (2011) [PDF 4.7MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after William Boothby 1829–1903, the Returning Officer for the first election of Members of the House of Representatives in 1901.
- Area and Location Description:
- Boothby covers an area of approximately 130 sq km from Clarence Gardens and Urrbrae in the north to Marino and part of Happy Valley in the south. The main suburbs include Aberfoyle Park, Belair, Blackwood, Brighton, Daw Park, Eden Hills, Flagstaff Hill, Marion, Mitcham, Seacliff, St Marys and Panorama.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Major retailing, army camp and military barracks, tertiary education, several hospitals and various small industries.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Outer Metropolitan
- Southcott, A (LP) 1996–
Hall, R S (LP) 1981–1996
McLeay, J E (LP) 1966–1981
McLeay, J (LP/LCL/LP) 1949–1966
Sheehy, T N (ALP) 1943–1949
Price, A G (UAP) 1941–1943
Price, J L (ALP/UAP) 1928–1941
Duncan-Hughes, J (LIB/NAT) 1922–1928
Story, W H (NAT) 1917–1922
Dankel, G (ALP) 1913–1917
Gordon, D J (LIB) 1911–1913
Batchelor, E L (ALP) 1903–1911
- Current Member Details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Boothby
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Boothby
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Boothby
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.