2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Longman (Qld)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 15 December 2009
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Longman (2009) [PDF 717KB]
Map of the Division of Longman (2009) [PDF 3MB]
Download GIS data
- Name derivation:
- Named after Irene Longman (1877–1964), first female member of the Queensland Parliament 1929–1932, and third woman elected to a parliament in Australia.
- Area and Location Description:
- Longman covers an area of approximately 1 239 sq km covering part of the local government area of Moreton Bay Regional Council. Suburbs and towns include Beachmere, Bribie Island, part of Burpengary, Caboolture, Dakabin, Donnybrook, part of Kallangur, Morayfield, Mount Mee, Narangba, Ningi, Toorbul and Woodford.
- Products/industries of the area:
- Tourism, light industry, beef cattle, horse studs, prawn farming, poultry farms, pig farming, and various crops including grains, pineapples, fruit and flower farms.
- First proclaimed/election:
- Demographic rating:
- Roy, W (LNQ) 2010–
Sullivan, J (ALP) 2007–2010
Brough, M (LP) 1996–2007
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Longman
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Longman
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Longman
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.