2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Hinkler (Qld)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 15 December 2009
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Hinkler (2009) [PDF 348KB]
Map of the Division of Hinkler (2009) [PDF 3.1MB]
Download GIS data
- Name derivation:
- Named after Bert Hinkler (1892–1933), pioneer aviator. First person to fly solo from England to Australia 1928.
- Area and Location Description:
- Hinkler covers an area of approximately 3 504 sq km starting at the Burnett River at Burnett Heads in the north, continuing west along the Burnett River following the Bundaberg Regional Council boundary, bordering the locality Duckinwilla in the south and following the Susan River to River Heads at the mouth of the Mary River. The major population centres are Bundaberg and Hervey Bay. Other towns include Bargara, Childers and Burrum Heads.
- Products/industries of the area:
- Sugar, a myriad of small crops including tomatoes, avocados and macadamia nuts, rum, fishing, seafood industries and tourism.
- First proclaimed/election:
- Demographic rating:
- Neville, P (LNQ) 1993–
Courtice, B W (ALP) 1987–1993
Conquest, B J (NP) 1984–1987
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Hinkler
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Hinkler
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Hinkler
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.