2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Dickson (Qld)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 15 December 2009
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Dickson (2009) [PDF 600KB]
Map of the Division of Dickson (2009) [PDF 2.8MB]
Download GIS data
- Name derivation:
- Named after Sir James Dickson 1832–1901, a leading advocate of Federation, Queensland Premier 1898–99 and Minister for Defence in the first Federal Ministry.
- Area and Location Description:
- Dickson covers an area of approximately 772 sq km north and west of Brisbane. It includes the Moreton Bay Region Council. Suburbs and towns include Albany Creek, Arana Hills, Bray Park, Brendale, Cashmere, Dayboro, Eatons Hill, Everton Hills, Ferny Hills, Joyner, Kallangur, Lawnton, Mount Glorious, Mount Nebo, Petrie, Samford Valley, Strathpine and Warner.
- Products/industries of the area:
- Farming, retail and industrial activities.
- First proclaimed/election:
- Demographic rating:
- Outer Metropolitan
- Dutton, P (LNQ) 2001–
Kernot, C (ALP) 1998–2001
Smith, T (LP) 1996–1998
Lavarch, M H (ALP) 1993–1996
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Dickson
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Dickson
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Dickson
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.