2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Mitchell (NSW)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- New South Wales
- Current, boundary gazetted 22 December 2009
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Mitchell (2009) [PDF 92KB]
Map of the Division of Mitchell (2009) [PDF 7.4MB]
Download GIS data
- Name derivation:
- Named after Sir Thomas Mitchell (1792–1855), a noted Australian explorer and surveyor.
- Area and Location Description:
- Mitchell covers an area of approximately 101 sq km from Nelson and Box Hill in the northwest to Northmead and North Rocks in the southeast. The main suburbs include Baulkham Hills, Beaumont Hills, Bella Vista, Box Hill, Castle Hill, Kellyville, Nelson, Northmead, North Rocks, Rouse Hill, Winston Hills and West Pennant Hills.
- Products/industries of the area:
- Commercial and business services, light industry, education and retail.
- First proclaimed/election:
- Demographic rating:
- Outer Metropolitan
- Hawke, A (LP) 2007–
Cadman, A (LP) 1974–2007
Ashley-Brown, A (ALP) 1972–1974
Irwin, L H (LP) 1963–1972
Armitage, J L (ALP) 1961–1963
Wheeler, R C (LP) 1949–1961
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Mitchell
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Mitchell
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Mitchell
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.