2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Kingsford Smith (NSW)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- New South Wales
- Current, boundary gazetted 22 December 2009
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Kingsford Smith (2009) [PDF 128KB]
Map of the Division of Kingsford Smith (2009) [PDF 6.5MB]
Download GIS data
- Name derivation:
- Named after Sir Charles Kingsford-Smith (1897–1935), Australia's most famous aviator.
- Area and Location Description:
- Kingsford Smith covers an area of approximately 127 sq km from La Perouse in the south to Randwick and Coogee in the north. The main suburbs include Banksmeadow, Botany, Chifley, Clovelly (part), Coogee, Daceyville, Eastgardens, Eastlakes, Hillsdale, Kensington, Kingsford, La Perouse, Little Bay, Malabar, Maroubra, Maroubra Junction, Mascot, Matraville, Pagewood, Phillip Bay, Port Botany, Randwick (part), Rosebery (part) and South Coogee.
- Products/industries of the area:
- Shipping, paper manufacturing, light manufacturing, commercial and retail businesses.
- First proclaimed/election:
- Demographic rating:
- Inner Metropolitan
- Garrett, P (ALP) 2004–
Brereton, L (ALP) 1990–2004
Bowen, L F (ALP) 1969–1990
Curtin, D J (ALP) 1955–1969
Anderson, G (ALP) 1949–1955
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Kingsford Smith
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Kingsford Smith
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Kingsford Smith
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.