2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Gilmore (NSW)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- New South Wales
- Current, boundary gazetted 22 December 2009
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Gilmore (2009) [PDF 324KB]
Map of the Division of Gilmore (2009) [PDF 7.8MB]
Download GIS data
- Name derivation:
- Named after Dame Mary Gilmore (1865–1962), a well known poet, author and journalist.
- Area and Location Description:
- Gilmore covers an area of approximately 4 878 sq km along the coast from Warilla in the north to Durras in the South, then west including much of the Budawang and Morton National Parks. Towns and suburbs include Berry, Bomaderry, Gerringong, Kangaroo Valley, Kiama, Milton, Minnamurra, Nowra, Shellharbour, Shell Cove, Sussex Inlet, Ulladulla and Warilla.
- Products/industries of the area:
- Tourism, timber, dairy and beef cattle, paper mill, brickworks, light engineering, dairy products, steel fabrication and fishing.
- First proclaimed/election:
- Demographic rating:
- Gash, J (LP) 1996–
Knott, P J (ALP) 1993–1996
Sharp, J R (NP) 1984–1993
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Gilmore
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Gilmore
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Gilmore
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.