2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Dobell (NSW)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- New South Wales
- Current, boundary gazetted 22 December 2009
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Dobell (2009) [PDF 240KB]
Map of the Division of Dobell (2009) [PDF 4.7MB]
Download GIS data
- Name derivation:
- Named after Sir William Dobell (1899–1970), a prominent Australian artist.
- Area and Location Description:
- Dobell covers an area of approximately 775 sq km, which includes areas of Wyong Shire, Hawkesbury Shire and Gosford City Council. Towns include Bateau Bay, Berkeley Vale, Blue Haven, Matcham, Mount Elliot, Ourimbah, The Entrance, Warnervale, Wyoming, Wyong, the Yarramalong Valley and parts of Erina Heights, Gorokan, Holgate, Lisarow, Kulnura, Narara, Niagara Park and Wamberal.
- Products/industries of the area:
- Fruit, vegetables, manufacturing industries, prawning, fishing, tourism and mixed farming.
- First proclaimed/election:
- Demographic rating:
- Thomson, C (ALP) 2007–
Ticehurst, K (LP) 2001–2007
Lee, M (ALP) 1984–2001
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Dobell
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Dobell
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Dobell
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.