2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Chifley (NSW)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- New South Wales
- Current, boundary gazetted 22 December 2009
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Chifley (2009) [PDF 109KB]
Map of the Division of Chifley (2009) [PDF 5MB]
Download GIS data
- Name derivation:
- Named after Ben Chifley (1885–1951), Prime Minister of Australia 1945–49.
- Area and Location Description:
- Chifley covers an area of approximately 135 sq km. Suburbs include: Arndell Park, Bidwill, Blackett, Colebee, Dean Park, Dharruk, Doonside, Emerton, Glendenning, Hassall Grove, Hebersham, Huntingwood, Lethbridge Park, Marayong, Minchinbury, Mount Druitt, Oakhurst, Plumpton, Rooty Hill, Ropes Crossing, Shalvey, Shanes Park, Tregear, Whalan, Willmot, Woodcroft and parts of Eastern Creek, Blacktown, Quakers Hill, Schofields and Riverstone.
- Products/industries of the area:
- Light manufacturing and service industries.
- First proclaimed/election:
- Demographic rating:
- Outer Metropolitan
- Husic, E (ALP) 2010–
Price, R (ALP) 1984–2010
Gorman, R N J (ALP) 1983–1984
Armitage, J L (ALP) 1969–1983
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Chifley
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Chifley
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Chifley
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.