2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Berowra (NSW)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- New South Wales
- Current, boundary gazetted 22 December 2009
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Berowra (2009) [PDF 230KB]
Map of the Division of Berowra (2009) [PDF 8.9MB]
Download GIS data
- Name derivation:
- Named after the area in which it is located.
- Area and Location Description:
- Berowra covers an area of approximately 782 sq km from Brooklyn and the Hawkesbury River in the north, to Pennant Hills and Beecroft in the south west, the Pacific Highway and the Sydney to Newcastle Freeway, Cockle and Cowan Creeks in the east, Hawkesbury River, Cattai Creek, Boundary Road, McGuires Road and Citadel Creek in the west. Suburbs include Arcadia, Berowra, Brooklyn, Cheltenham, Cherrybrook, Cowan, Dangar Island, Galston, Glenorie, Maroota, Middle Dural, Mount Kuring-gai, Normanhurst, Pennant Hills, Sackville North, Thornleigh, Westleigh and parts of Asquith, Beecroft, Carlingford, Castle Hill, Cattai, Dural, Hornsby, Lower Portland, Maraylya, Mount Colah, Wahroonga, Waitara, West Pennant Hills and Wisemans Ferry.
- Products/industries of the area:
- Fishing and oyster farming from the Hawkesbury River area. Retail, service and various small industries including hobby farming, citrus fruit orchards, poultry farming, horticulture, and tourism.
- First proclaimed/election:
- Demographic rating:
- Outer Metropolitan
- Ruddock, P (LP) 1993–
Edwards, H A (LP) 1972–1993
Hughes, T E F (LP) 1969–1972
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Berowra
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Berowra
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Berowra
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.