22 December 2009
New South Wales
Named after botanist Sir Joseph Banks 1743–1820, who accompanied Captain Cook on his voyage to Australia in 1770.
Banks covers an area of approximately 49 sq km bordered by the Georges River in the south, Salt Pan Creek, Uranus Rd /Weston St and up in to Tarro/Polo St's to Bransgrove Rd across to Queen St and up to Milperra Rd on the West. Milperra/Canterbury Rd's across to Belmore Rd down and along the South Western Hwy (M5) up to King Georges Rd and along Stoney Creek Rd in the North. Down to Croydon Rd, Xenia Ave, Andover St, Francis St up to Princes Hwy and Boundary Rd back to the Georges River on the East. The main suburbs include Allawah, Blakehurst, Connells Point, Hurstville, Hurstville Grove, South Hurstville, Kyle Bay, Lugarno, Mortdale, Oatley, Padstow Heights, Peakhurst, Peakhurst Heights, Penshurst and parts of Bankstown, Beverly Hills, Carlton, Kingsgrove, Narwee, Padstow, Punchbowl, Revesby and Riverwood.
Light manufacturing, commercial and service industries.
Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
For supporting information, see Party Codes, Demographic Ratings and Seat Status.