2007 federal election Funding Payments

Updated: 24 January 2011

Total election public funding paid for the 2007 federal election was $49 002 638.51.

An initial payment of $46 536 277.23 was made 17 December 2007. This represented 95% of the amount due based on the votes counted by 24th November. With remaining 5 percent $2 466 361.28 payed 9 January 2008.

Candidates and Senate groups are eligible for election funding if they receive at least 4% cent of the formal first preference votes in the election they contested. Election funding is paid to the party where the candidate or Senate group is endorsed by a registered political party, and in other cases is paid direct to the candidate or Senate group (or their agent).

Payments are calculated using an indexed sum per first preference vote. At the 2007 federal election, each first preference vote was worth 210.027 cents.

The total amount of election funding paid to candidates and Senate groups in respect of the 2007 election is as follows:
Name Interim Payment
17 December 2007
Final Payment
9 January 2008
Total Payment
Parties
Australian Labor Party $20 922 325.51 $1 108 135.31 $22 030 460.82
Liberal Party of Australia $17 222 359.78 $911 285.29 $18 133 645.07
National Party of Australia $3 076 663.58 $163 042.79 $3 239 706.37
Northern Territory Country Liberal Party $160 719.91 $8 458.94 $169 178.85
Australian Greens $4 148 615.11 $222 305.09 $4 370 920.20
Pauline's United Australia Party $202 440.72 $10 654.77 $213 095.49
Family First $133 965.51 $7 050.82 $141 016.33
Independent Candidates
Nick XENOPHON $296 672.70 $15 824.37 $312 497.07
Antony Harold Curties WINDSOR $105 217.86 $5 537.78 $110 755.64
Robert Carl KATTER $64 919.66 $3 416.82 $68 336.48
Gavin James PRIESTLEY $37 979.71 $1 998.93 $39 978.64
Timothy James HORAN $34 114.90 $1 795.52 $35 910.42
Caroline Marcelle HUTCHINSON $21 141.74 $1 112.72 $22 254.46
Gavan Michael O'CONNOR $21 010.05 $1 105.79 $22 115.84
Noel Stephen BRUNNING $19 800.93 $1 042.15 $20 843.08
Aaron Anthony BUMAN $12 655.91 $666.10 $13 322.01
Bernard James QUIN $12 155.10 $639.74 $12 794.84
Cathryn MOLLOY $11 125.55 $585.56 $11 711.11
Ramon MCGHEE $8 759.18 $461.01 $9 220.19
Robert James BRYANT $8 727.25 $457.23 $9 184.48
Timothy Eric WILLIAMS $8 270.34 $435.28 $8 705.62
Jamie Robert HARRISON $6 636.23 $349.27 $6 985.50
TOTAL ELECTION FUNDING PAID $46 536 277.23 $2 466 361.28 $49 002 638.51
Back to top