2004 Profile of the division of McMillan
Updated: 9 February 2011
Named after Angus McMillan 1810–65, pioneer and explorer who made several trips into Gippsland.
Area and Location Description:
McMillan covers an area of approximately 8 328 sq km from Pakenham in the west to Newborough in the east to Noojee in the north and to Wilsons Promontory in the south. The main towns include Drouin, Erica, Moe, Neerim South, Pakenham, Thorpdale, Trafalgar, Walhalla, Warragul, Yarragon, Mirboo North, Korumburra, Leongatha, Foster and Wonthaggi.
Map of Division:
Products/Industries of the Area:
Dairy farming, fruit, forestry, potato growing, sawmilling, tourism and fishing.
- BROADBENT, R (LP)–
- ZAHRA, C (ALP) 1998–2004
- BROADBENT, R (LP) 1996–1998
- CUNNINGHAM, B T (ALP) 1993–1996
- RIGGALL, J P (LP) 1990–1993
- CUNNINGHAM, B T (ALP) 1980–1990
- SIMON, B D (LP) 1975–1980
- HEWSON, H A (CP/NCP) 1972–1975
- BUCHANAN, A A (LP) 1955–1972
- BROWN, G W (LP) 1949–1955
Current Member Details:
See the Parliament of Australia website
AEC Divisional Office Address:
See Divisional Office Contact Details
2004 Federal Election Results:
- Enrolment: 82 357
- Informal Vote: 4.49%
- Turnout: 95.89%
- Seat Status: Marginal Liberal
- Two Party Preferred: LP: 54.99% | ALP: 45.01%
For supporting information, see Party Codes, Demographic Ratings and Seat Status.