Enrolling to vote

Enrol now

If you’re enrolled for elections, you’re enrolled for referendums too. However, you must make sure your details are up to date or enrol for the first time if needed.

You should do this if you’ve:

  • recently changed your name or address
  • turned 18, or
  • become an Australian citizen.

You’ll need to provide:

  • your driver's license, or
  • Australian passport number, or
  • Australian Citizenship certificate, or
  • Medicare card, or
  • have someone who is enrolled who can confirm who you are.

18+ or Proof of Age cards are not accepted.

Enrolment rates

Enrolment for the national referendum will be high. The estimated percentage of eligible voters heading into 2023 was 97.1 per cent.