- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 26 July 2021
- First election this name was used at:
- 1949 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- First federal election following the 2019 federal election
- Maps and data
A4 map of the electoral division of Higgins (2021)
Map of the Division of Higgins (2021) [PDF 1.95MB]
Download Victoria GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named in honour of Henry Bournes Higgins KC, 1851–1929. Higgins was an active member of the Constitutional Conventions that led to the Commonwealth of Australia, Member of the House of Representatives (1901–06), a Justice of the High Court (1906–29) and President of the Commonwealth Conciliation and Arbitration Court (1907–21). Higgins is known for the Harvester Decision.
- 39 sq km
- Location description
The Division of Higgins consists of:
- part of the Boroondara City Council,
- part of the Glen Eira City Council, and
- part of the Stonnington City Council.
- Demographic Rating:
- Inner Metropolitan – situated in capital cities and consisting of well-established built-up suburbs.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information:
- For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.