Updated: 20 June 2011
The eReturns portal will provide you with all the information you need to lodge your return online. The following tips will help you to complete your return.
- In order to access eReturns you need to provide a valid email address. After the initial sign-up process, eReturns will send a confirmation email to your nominated address. You will need to locate that email and click on the link it contains before you can lodge your return or log back into eReturns. If you cannot find an email from eReturns, check your junk mail/spam folder.
- The passwords provided in obligation letters sent by the AEC are 'single-use' passwords only. After your first login, you will need to change your password.
- Passwords are case sensitive, must be at least 8 characters long and have at least one letter and one number.
- It is a good idea to write down your username and password and store them in a safe place, especially if you do not intend to log into eReturns regularly.
- Annual returns cover a financial year from 1 July to 30 June. Be sure any receipts or payments you are reporting fall within the period covered by the return.
- Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*). If you leave a required field blank, you will not be able to proceed.
- For best results, use an up-to-date version of Internet Explorer, Safari or Firefox.