General Postal Voters

Updated: 03 June 2019

A general postal voter is an eligible person who has pre-registered to automatically receive their ballot papers in the mail after an election has been announced.

General postal voter forms

Forms may be completed on screen prior to printing, signing and returning to the AEC.

Updating your details

Every time you change your address or change your name you need to update your details on the electoral roll. There is no need to reapply to be a general postal voter if one of the circumstances listed above still apply to you.

State and local government elections

When you register to be a general postal voter using the forms above, you can also apply to receive ballot papers for state and local government elections. Refer to the form for your state or territory for more details.

If you are unsure contact your local AEC office for further information.

Back to top