Change your address

Updated: 24 August 2017

Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey

The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) is conducting the Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey. If you need to check or update your postal address for the survey please call the ABS on 1800 572 113 from 8am to 8pm (local time) seven days a week. .

Australians overseas

Silent electors

Please note: If you update your postal address with the ABS for the marriage survey this will not change your enrolment details with the AEC. If you have moved recently it is important to also update your details with the AEC on this page to enable participation in future elections.

Every time you move, you must update your address on the electoral roll or your name could be removed and you will be unable to vote. You are eligible to enrol for your new address if you have lived there for at least one month.

You will need to provide evidence of your identity. You can use your driver's licence, Australian passport number or have someone who is enrolled confirm your identity. Please note that the AEC cannot accept any other forms of identification, such as 18+ or Proof of Age cards.

If you are overseas or going overseas don't use this form to change your address. Please see information on going overseas.

*When you finish updating your details, don't forget to close your browser to protect your privacy.

Already changed your address online? Check the status using the receipt number provided.

When updating your enrolment details you might also need to update your personal details with your state and territory road traffic authority.