Enrol to vote

Updated: 13 November 2017

By-election in the electoral division of Bennelong

If you are an Australian citizen aged 18 years or over and living in the division of Bennelong, you are required to vote in the by-election. You must be correctly enrolled by 8pm AEDT Monday 20 November 2017. To enrol, complete the form below. If you are already enrolled, you can update your name or address on the electoral roll, but you must do so before 8pm AEDT Monday 20 November 2017.

The by-election is only for eligible voters living in the division of Bennelong in New South Wales.

By-election in the electoral division of New England

The electoral roll for the New England by-election in New South Wales is now closed.

To enrol for the first time or get back on the roll, you can enrol online.

You will need to provide evidence of your identity. You can use your driver's licence, Australian passport number or have someone who is enrolled confirm your identity. Please note that the AEC cannot accept any other forms of identification, such as 18+ or Proof of Age cards.

It is compulsory by law for all eligible Australian citizens to enrol and vote in federal elections, by-elections and referendums.

Eligibility for enrolment

You are eligible to enrol if you:

  • are an Australian citizen, or eligible British subject,
  • aged 18 years and over, and
  • have lived at your address for at least one month.

If you are 16 or 17 you can enrol now so when you turn 18 you'll be able to vote.

If you are overseas or going overseas don't use this form to enrol. Please see information on going overseas.

* When you finish enrolling online, don't forget to close your browser to protect your privacy.

Already enrolled online? Check the status using the receipt number provided.

When updating your enrolment details you might also need to update your personal details with your state and territory road traffic authority.