2013 federal election: Profile for the electoral division of O'Connor (WA)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- Western Australia
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Map of Division:
- A4 map of the Division of O'Connor (2008) [PDF 120KB]
Map of the Division of O'Connor (2008) [PDF 8.2MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after Charles O'Connor 1843–1902, Engineer in Chief of Western Australia (appointed 1891). Designed Fremantle Harbour and the pipeline which supplies Kalgoorlie and other goldfields with water.
- Area and Location Description:
- O'Connor covers an area of approximately 908 954 sq km from the Gibson Desert in the north to Albany in the south. The main locations include the City of Albany and the City of Kalgoorlie, and the regional centres of Bridgetown, Denmark, Esperance, Kojonup, Laverton, Leonora, Manjimup, Mount Barker, Ravensthorpe, Southern Cross, Wagin and Warburton.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Grain, sheep, cattle, tree farming, fishing and aquaculture, vineyards and winemaking, gold, talc and mineral sands mining, farmstays and tourism.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Crook, T (NP) 2010–
Tuckey, W (LP) 1980–2010
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for O'Connor
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for O'Connor
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for O'Connor
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.