2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Fairfax (Qld)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 15 December 2009
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Fairfax (2009) [PDF 550KB]
Map of the Division of Fairfax (2009) [PDF 1.8MB]
Download GIS data
- Name derivation:
- Named after Ruth Fairfax 1878–1948, a founder of the Country Women's Association and its first Queensland president.
- Area and Location Description:
- Fairfax covers an area of approximately 1 036 sq km in the central part of the Sunshine Coast Regional Council area. The division extends from Peregian Springs and Eumundi in the north, to Maroochydore, Mountain Creek and Palmwoods in the south to Kenilworth in the west. The main towns include Buderim, Coolum Beach, Eumundi, Kenilworth, Mapleton, Maroochydore, Montville, Nambour, Palmwoods, Peregian Springs, Woombye and Yandina.
- Products/industries of the area:
- Avocados, ginger, sugar cane, fruit juice, tropical and exotic fruits, dairy and beef cattle, tourism, construction and infrastructure industries.
- First proclaimed/election:
- Demographic rating:
- Somlyay, A (LNQ) 1990–
Adermann, A E (NP) 1984–1990
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Fairfax
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Fairfax
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Fairfax
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.