Profile of the electoral division of Jagajaga (Vic)
Updated: 20 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 24 December 2010.
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Jagajaga (2010) [PDF 803KB]
Map of the Division of Jagajaga (2010) [PDF 12.8MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after three principal Aboriginal elders who signed a treaty with John Batman in 1835 which intended to give the white settlers 500 000 acres of land at the north west end of Port Phillip Bay and 100 000 acres around Geelong.
- Area and Location Description:
- The Division of Jagajaga is located in Melbourne's north-eastern suburbs. It covers an area of approximately 128 sq km from Ivanhoe in the south to Kangaroo Ground in the north-east. The main suburbs include Bellfield, Briar Hill, Bundoora (part), Eaglemont, Eltham, Greensborough (part), Heidelberg, Heidelberg West, Ivanhoe, Kangaroo Ground, Macleod (part), Montmorency, Research, Rosanna, St Helena, Viewbank, North Warrandyte, Watsonia and Yallambie.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- This is a commercial and light industrial area which contains Simpson Army Barracks and Austin Hospital.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Inner Metropolitan
- Macklin, J (ALP) 1996–
Staples, P R (ALP) 1984–1996
- Current Member Details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
2013 federal election – House of Representatives results for Jagajaga
2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Jagajaga
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Jagajaga
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Jagajaga
2013 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.