Profile of the electoral division of Isaacs (Vic)
Updated: 20 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 24 December 2010.
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Isaacs (2010) [PDF 720KB]
Map of the Division of Isaacs (2010) [PDF 14.9MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after Sir Isaac Isaacs 1855–1948, Member of the House of Representatives 1901–06, Chief Justice of the High Court 1930 and Governor-General of Australia 1931–36.
- Area and Location Description:
- The Division of Isaacs is located in Melbourne's south-eastern suburbs. It covers an area of approximately 166 sq km on the eastern side of Port Phillip Bay from Mentone to Carrum then inland to Skye and up to Noble Park. The main suburbs include Aspendale, Aspendale Gardens, Bonbeach, Braeside, Carrum, Carrum Downs (part), Chelsea, Chelsea Heights, Dandenong South, Edithvale, Keysborough, Lyndhurst (part), Mentone (part), Mordialloc, Noble Park (part), Parkdale, Patterson Lakes, Skye (part) and Waterways.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Light manufacturing especially around Braeside.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Outer Metropolitan
- Dreyfus, M (ALP) 2007–
Corcoran, A (ALP) 2000–2007
Wilton, G S (ALP) 1996–2000
Atkinson, R A (LP) 1990–1996
Charles, D E (ALP) 1980–1990
Burns, W G (LP) 1977–1980
Hamer, D J (LP) 1975–1977
Clayton, G (ALP) 1974–1975
Hamer, D J (LP) 1969–1974
Haworth, W C (LP) 1949–1969
- Current Member Details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
2013 federal election – House of Representatives results for Isaacs
2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Isaacs
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Isaacs
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Isaacs
2013 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.