Named after Sir John Franklin 1786–1847, Lieutenant-Governor of Tasmania 1837–43.
Area and Location Description:
Franklin covers an area of approximately 6 514 sq km from Old Beach in the north to Port Davey in the south and Seven Mile Beach in the east. The City of Clarence is in the division. Other major towns include Blackmans Bay, Cygnet, Dover, Franklin, Geeveston, Huonville, Kingston (part), Margate, Old Beach, Richmond and Snug, as well as Bruny Island.
Products/Industries of the Area:
Apples, pears, small fruits, aquaculture, fishing, beef cattle, sheep, forestry, cottage industry, vineyards and tourism.
Collins, J (ALP) 2007–
Quick, H (ALP) 1993–2007
Goodluck, B J (LP) 1975–1993
Sherry, R H (ALP) 1969–1975
Pearsall, T G (LP) 1966–1969
Falkinder, C W J (LP) 1946–1966
Frost, C W (FLP/ALP) 1934–1946
Blacklow, A C (UAP) 1931–1934
Frost, C W (ALP) 1929–1931
McWilliams, W J (IND) 1928–1929
Seabrook, A C (NAT) 1922–1928
McWilliams, W J (ANTI-SOC/LIB/NAT/CP) 1903–1922