Profile of the electoral division of Kingston (SA)
Updated: 26 September 2013
- South Australia
- Current, boundary gazetted 16 December 2011.
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Kingston (2011) [PDF 269KB]
Map of the Division of Kingston (2011) [PDF 2.4MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after Charles Kingston 1850–1908, Premier of South Australia 1893–99.
- Area and Location Description:
- Kingston covers an area of approximately 171 sq km from Hallett Cove and O'Halloran Hill in the north to Sellicks Beach in the south. The main suburbs include Aldinga Beach, Christie Downs, Christies Beach, Hackham, Hallett Cove, Happy Valley (part), Huntfield Heights, Lonsdale, McLaren Flat (part), McLaren Vale, Maslin Beach, Moana, Morphett Vale, Old Noarlunga, Onkaparinga Hills, Port Noarlunga, Reynella, Seaford, Sellicks Beach, Sheidow Park, Port Willunga, Trott Park, Willunga and Woodcroft.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Construction, desalination plant, major retailing and various small industries in the northern part of the division including brickworks, optical lenses, clothing and engineering.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Outer Metropolitan
- Rishworth, A (ALP) 2007–
Richardson, K (LP) 2004–2007
Cox, D (ALP) 1998–2004
Jeanes, S (LP) 1996–1998
Bilney, G N (ALP) 1983–1996
Chapman, H G P (LP) 1975–1983
Gun, R (ALP) 1969–1975
Brownbill, K C M (LP) 1966–1969
Galvin, P (ALP) 1951–1966
Handby, H H (LP) 1949–1951
- Current Member Details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
2013 federal election – House of Representatives results for Kingston
2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Kingston
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Kingston
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Kingston
2013 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.