Profile of the electoral division of Rankin (Qld)
Updated: 25 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 15 December 2009
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Rankin (2009) [PDF 373KB]
Map of the Division of Rankin (2009) [PDF 1.1MB]
Download GIS data
- Name derivation:
- Named after Dame Annabelle Rankin (1908–86), first Queensland woman elected to the Senate 1946–71 and the first Australian woman to hold a top-level diplomatic post as High Commissioner to New Zealand 1971–74.
- Area and Location Description:
- Rankin covers an area of approximately 131 sq km from Rochedale South and Priestdale in the north to Daisy Hill and Meadowbrook in the Southeast. The western divisional boundary follows the interstate railway line between Hillcrest and Algester. Suburbs include: Algester, Berrinba, Browns Plains, Calamvale, Crestmead, Daisy Hill, Drewvale, Heritage Park, Hillcrest, Kingston, Logan Central, Marsden, Parkinson, Priestdale, Regents Park, Rochedale South, Slacks Creek, Springwood, Underwood, and Woodridge.
- Products/industries of the area:
- The area covers a diverse area from residential and acreage suburbs as well as some light industry.
- First proclaimed/election:
- Demographic rating:
- Outer Metropolitan
- Chalmers, J (ALP) 2013–
Emerson, C (ALP) 1998–2013
Beddall, D (ALP) 1984–1998
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
2013 federal election – House of Representatives results for Rankin
2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Rankin
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Rankin
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Rankin
2013 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.