Profile of the electoral division of Oxley (Qld)
Updated: 23 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 15 December 2009
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Oxley (2009) [PDF 536KB]
Map of the Division of Oxley (2009) [PDF 1.5MB]
Download GIS data
- Name derivation:
- Named after John Oxley (1783–1828), noted explorer and surveyor.
- Area and Location Description:
- Oxley covers an area of approximately 155 sq km from Durack and Larapinta in the east to Redbank and part of Redbank Plains in the west, and from Jindalee and Sinnamon Park in the north to Augustine Heights and Springfield Lakes in the south. Suburbs include Jindalee, Mount Ommaney, Middle Park, Jamboree Heights, Riverhills, Sumner, Seventeen Mile Rocks, Sinnamon Park, Darra, Durack, Inala, Richlands, Forest Lake, Ellen Grove, Doolandella, Heathwood, Pallara, Springfield, Springfield Lakes, Camira, Carole Park, Wacol, Gailes, Goodna, Redbank, Bellbird Park, Brookwater, Augustine Heights and parts of Collingwood Park and Redbank Plains.
- Products/industries of the area:
- Railway workshops, industrial, light industrial and commercial activities.
- First proclaimed/election:
- 1900/1901 (The original Oxley was renamed Griffith in 1934. This division of Oxley was proclaimed in 1949.)
- Demographic rating:
- Outer Metropolitan
- Ripoll, B (ALP) 1998–
Hanson, P (IND) 1996–1998
Scott, L J (ALP) 1988–1996
Hayden, B G (ALP) 1961–1988
Cameron, D A (LP) 1949–1961
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
2013 federal election – House of Representatives results for Oxley
2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Oxley
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Oxley
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Oxley
2013 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.