Profile of the electoral division of McPherson (Qld)
Updated: 25 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 15 December 2009
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of McPherson (2009) [PDF 206KB]
Map of the Division of McPherson (2009) [PDF 2MB]
Download GIS data
- Name derivation:
- Named after the McPherson Range which forms the south western boundary of the division.
- Area and Location Description:
- McPherson covers an area of approximately 230 sq km from the New South Wales border in the south to Clear Island Waters and Merrimac in the north, and west to Mudgeeraba and Tallebudgera Valley. It takes in the major part of the Gold Coast tourist strip north from the New South Wales border through Coolangatta, Tugun, Currumbin, Elanora, Palm Beach, Burleigh Heads, Robina, Varsity Lakes to Merrimac and Clear Island Waters in the north. It also includes the hinterland areas of Mudgeeraba, Currumbin Valley and Tallebudgera Valley.
- Products/industries of the area:
- Tourism and associated industries and a variety of small industries.
- First proclaimed/election:
- Demographic rating:
- Andrews, K (LNQ) 2010–
May, M (LP) 1998–2010
Bradford, J (LP) 1990–1998
White, P N D (LP) 1981–1990
Robinson, E L (LP) 1972–1981
Barnes, C E (CP) 1958–1972
Fadden, A W (CP) 1949–1958
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
2013 federal election – House of Representatives results for McPherson
2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for McPherson
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for McPherson
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for McPherson
2013 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.