Profile of the electoral division of Fisher (Qld)
Updated: 27 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 15 December 2009
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Fisher (2009) [PDF 638KB]
Map of the Division of Fisher (2009) [PDF 2MB]
Download GIS data
- Name derivation:
- Named after Andrew Fisher (1862–1928), Prime Minister of Australia 1908–09, 1910–13 and 1914–15.
- Area and Location Description:
- Fisher covers an area of 1 170 sq kms from part of Alexandra Headland in the north, west to Cambroon and Conondale, south to Beerburrum and east to the coast. Major towns and population centres include Caloundra, Sippy Downs, the coastal strip including Kawana, Minyama and Mooloolaba, Montville, Maleny, Beerwah, Beerburrum, Glass House Mountains and Landsborough.
- Products/industries of the area:
- Tourism, service industries and construction and development are the major employers. Other industries include education, pineapple, orchard and flower crops, dairy and beef cattle farming, and horse racing.
- First proclaimed/election:
- Demographic rating:
- Brough, M (LNQ) 2013–
Slipper, P (LNQ) 1993–2013
Lavarch, M H (ALP) 1987–1993
Slipper, P N (NP) 1984–1987
Adermann, A E (CP/NCP) 1972–1984
Adermann, C F (CP) 1949–1972
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
2013 federal election – House of Representatives results for Fisher
2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Fisher
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Fisher
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Fisher
2013 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.