Profile of the electoral division of Blair (Qld)
Updated: 23 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 15 December 2009
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Blair (2009) [PDF 274KB]
Map of the Division of Blair (2009) [PDF 2.2MB]
Download GIS data
- Name derivation:
- Named after Harold Blair AO 1924–76. A noted Australian tenor and Aboriginal activist.
- Area and Location Description:
- Blair covers an area of approximately 6 409 sq km west of Brisbane. Containing most of the City of Ipswich and all of the Somerset Regional Council. The division stretches from Riverview and Redbank Plains in the east to the boundary of the Ipswich City Council in the south and west, and the boundary of the Somerset Regional Council to the north. Main towns include Kilcoy, Toogoolawah, Esk, Cominya, Lowood, Fernvale, Ipswich, Minden, Marburg, Rosewood, and Walloon.
- Products/industries of the area:
- Dairy and beef cattle farming, small crop production, commercial, construction and infrastructure industries, tourism and defence.
- First proclaimed/election:
- Demographic rating:
- Neumann, S (ALP) 2007–
Thompson, C (LP) 1998–2007
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
2013 federal election – House of Representatives results for Blair
2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Blair
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Blair
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Blair
2013 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.