2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Goldstein (Vic)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 24 December 2010.
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Goldstein (2010) [PDF 1.5MB]
Map of the Division of Goldstein (2010) [PDF 11.9MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after Vida Goldstein 1869–1949, suffragist and feminist.
- Area and Location Description:
- The Division of Goldstein is located in Melbourne's south-eastern suburbs. It covers an area of approximately 50 sq km from Brighton in the north to Beaumaris in the south and is bordered by Port Phillip Bay to the west. The main suburbs include Beaumaris, Bentleigh (part), Black Rock, Brighton East, Caulfield South, Cheltenham (part), Elsternwick (part), Glen Huntly (part), Hampton, Hampton East, Highett (part), Ormond (part) and Sandringham.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Mainly residential but also contains some light industrial and commercial activities.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Inner Metropolitan
- Robb, A (LP) 2004–
Kemp, D (LP) 1990–2004
Macphee, I M (LP) 1984–1990
- Current Member Details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Goldstein
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Goldstein
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Goldstein
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.